This is a list of people who held the office of Mayor of the Municipal Borough of Uxbridge, Middlesex. The office was created in 1955 when Uxbridge Urban District was granted a charter of incorporation and abolished in 1965 when the area became part of the larger London Borough of Hillingdon.
- Charter Mayor: James Cochrane (outgoing chairman of the Uxbridge Urban District Council). See also  First freeman of the borough 
- 1955-56: Walter George Pomeroy - his wife was the last Mayor of Uxbridge, and subsequently Mayor of Hillingdon Mention here . 14 December 1889-1974
- 1956-57: Kathleen Lovibond - involved with the Wolfenden report (Wikipedia)
- 1957-58: Sidney Luddington Meggeson 9 April 1892-1981 Previously Chairman of Uxbridge Urban District Council
- 1958-59: Mrs Sarah H Dubberley
- 1959-60: George Arthur Suter -  12 March 1895-1972
- 1960-61: Tom Parker
- 1961-62: George Hartley 
- 1962-63: Clifford John Gadsden - 16 October 1905-1970 who became first Mayor of Hillingdon 
- 1963-64: N J Holland
- 1964-65: Mrs. Winifred Pomeroy 
Various of the above can be seen here 
References[edit | edit source]
- History of the Office of Mayor. London Borough of Hillingdon.
- Uxbridge From Old Photographs.
- "When the political parties on the council of the new Borough of Uxbridge found themselves equally balanced in 1956, they invited Mrs Lovibond, as a public figure who was not a councillor, to become mayor." Justice in Middlesex.